• Advertise-with-us-top

Advertise Property in Aberdeen

Studentpad and Robert Gordon University offer agents/landlords the quickest and most cost effective method of advertising their property(ies) for let in and around Aberdeen. Studentpad helps around 1 million students search for accommodation each year. Take the first step to finding your new tenants today.

Landlords re Private Landlord Registraion and HMOs (Houses in Mutiple Occupation)

Please be advised that in most cases it is a legal requirement to hold either a Private Landlord Registration and an HMO when letting out your property. The only exception is where you live in the property yourself and there are fewer than 3 different tenants in total (including yourself) in the property. Please see below some information from Aberdeen City Council:


New legislation requires all private landlords across Scotland to be registered with their local authority or have submitted an application to register by April 30th 2006.

The legislation is designed to help local authorities protect tenants, identify disreputable landlords and minimise the impact of associated antisocial behaviour on local communities. Registration should be a welcome boost for the majority of landlords - making their property more marketable and removing unfair competition from landlords whom provide poor housing and inadequate management. The vast majority of private landlords are covered by the new legislation. Exemptions include letting part of your own home, or letting directly to a family member. The cost is £55 to register as a landlord and £11 to register each let property - this fee covers a three year period.

If a landlord is neither registered nor has submitted an application, it will be an offence for them to let, or advertise, a property. They may be prosecuted and face a large fine or be issued with a rent penalty notice. It is unlikely a landlord who knowingly infringes this legislation will be allowed to register in future.

Landlords can apply online at www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk. A 10% discount applies to all online registrations.

Further information on registration and associated private sector housing issues can be found at www.betterrentingscotland.com. For more information on registration in Aberdeen City please email landlordregistration@aberdeencity.gov.uk or telephone 01224 522299.


A property may be an HMO if three or more unrelated people (i.e. friends) share a home. The most common type of HMO properties are shared flats and houses. HMO properties have been required to have a licence and meet strict property safety standards since 2000.

Before granting a licence the local authority will check that the property meets required standards. Officers from the local authorityand possibly the fire brigade, will inspect the property to ensure that the physical standards are met.

To find out if your landlord is licensed contact the local authority - they are required to keep a register of all licensed landlords. For further information on HMO licensing in Aberdeen city please contact the HMO unit on 01224 522870 or 523372.

Scale of Charges

The cost of advertising properties on Robert Gordon Studentpad for a 1 month period is as follows:

Price Per Property£ 24.00

Register Online

You must forward a copy of your current gas certificate(s) to the university. Please email to accommodation@rgu.ac.uk or post to the address shown at the bottom of the page. You must also enter either your Landlord Registration number or HMO number in the appropriate section before your advert can go live.

Click the button to register online, it’s quick and simple!

Register by Post

Print and complete the following form and post it directly to the university including a copy of your current gas certificate(s) and remembering to include either your Landlord Registration or HMO number.
pdf-img Property Form

All forms are available in .PDF format. Adobe reader is FREE to download at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/

Contact Details

Accommodation Service

Address: The Robert Gordon University
Central Services Building
Garthdee Road
AB10 7FY
Tel: 01224 262130

Please note that Studentpad’s Advertising Terms & Conditions apply to any contract with Studentpad to advertise your property and that by completing and submitting your details, it will be deemed that you have read and accepted those conditions.

The Robert Gordon University, Central Services Building, Garthdee Road, Aberdeen, AB10 7FY
Tel: 01224 262130, Email: accommodation@rgu.ac.uk

Copyright Studentpad Limited © 2019. All rights reserved.

Microsoft Small Business Specialist
Please Wait...